The Summer Founders program gives PA startup teams with at least 1 Penn State student founder $15,000 to work on their startup, social good, or non-profit over the summer.
Teams who meet the following criteria are eligible to apply:
- At least one founding team member must be an active Penn State student in good standing working on a US-based business. Students from any Penn State campus, or World Campus are eligible to apply.
- Founders must commit to working full-time on their venture for the duration of the program - May 20th through August 12th.
- We prefer teams of 2 or more, but will consider single founders.
Benefits of participation:
- Access to up to an additional $3,000 to support customer discovery and travel expenses through Invent Penn State NSF I-Corps Site program.
- Access to mentors and other entrepreneurs to grow your network and accelerate your venture.
- Access to server credits, SolidWorks, and a 1 year POWr subscription.
- 24×7 access to the Happy Valley LaunchBox facility and space in one of our team rooms for 1 year, with free Wi-Fi, coffee, and printing.
- Weekly dinners to meet with other founders, experienced entrepreneurs and experts to discuss current challenges, share successes, and learn from each other.
- Applications close: Feb 16th at 11:59PM
- Team notified of interview request: Feb 21st
- Team interviews: Feb 27th-28th
- Final teams selected and notified: Mar 2nd
- Kickoff team dinner: March 24th, 5:30 - 7:30
- Weekly Wednesday team dinners: May 20th through Aug 5th
- Startup Showcase: Aug 12th
Chief Amplifier, Happy Valley LaunchBox, powered by PNC Bank